Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm glad it's over?

This morning was the primary sacrament meeting presentation. My most favorite Sunday of the year! Unfortunatly this year I had to write the program. OY! It is stressfull wondering if we will run out of time, if the kids will show up and sing loud enough. Will everyone remember their parts? I am so proud of all the kids in my ward! They did a WONDERFUL job. Everything was perfect! Thanks to all the kids, the teachers, the pianist and our beautiful music leader. (She got released today and we are going to miss her so much) We must have sung the songs a practiced the parts hundreds of times. I read and reread the program to make sure everything was how it needed to be. So, I was surprised when the children started singing the first song, I AM A CHILD OF GOD, I was so moved by the spirit, I started to cry. I had a hard time singing along with them. From then on I cried through out the program and even during primary. The kids must have thought I was a silly old lady. I believe that the spirit of our Heavenly Father was testifying to me of His love for all of us. I wish we could have a primary program every week! Just don't put me in charge.

4 comments:

Valorie Johnston said...

Makes you appreciate those programs once you are in charge!... Actually you appreciate every calling after it's yours... I am in the nursery... And when someone doesn't show up... It makes you really miss them! It's nice when everyone does their part!

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

at the end of our program the Bishop got up and said a few words and then started singing I am a child of God acapella and as he got part of the way through the 1st verse a few kids from around the podium stood up in their spots and sang with him and then more and more and then leaders and then as we got to the 3rd verse the ward stood and at the 4th verse the entire room was singing. We planned it but still in was incredible and a great effect for unity of a ward.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog... check mine out http://mjharrishouse.blogspot.com/

Teanne said...

You would do such a great job doing that! I'm sure the kids love to work w/ you. Don't worry I'm a big cry baby too. When I used to be in primary the kids would start singing A Child's prayer or something and I would just start crying then- and that's just the practice. It's just so sweet hearing them sing those words. I love being in Primary!